Forums

Forum Home > Ponds > I need someone to rebuild my pond

Georgina

I was recently widowed, and my husband's 1000 gal koi pond started leaking around Thanksgiving.  He never explained to me how to take care of the pond, so I have just been topping up the water and cleaning out the filter in the weir.  I have to re-top every three days.  Is there anyone experienced out there who would be willing to rebuild this pond, so that it works again.  I have had a pond business come out, to clean it last month. They found a hole on the weir and fixed it, but it leaks even more now for some odd reason.  I love the fish, and it's such a pretty pond.  I don't want to see it become a big planter.   Please contact me if you can help me, and I will send pics of the pond 

March 4, 2017 at 11:56 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Georgina

Georgina at March 4, 2017 at 11:56 AM

I was recently widowed, and my husband's 1000 gal koi pond started leaking around Thanksgiving.  He never explained to me how to take care of the pond, so I have just been topping up the water and cleaning out the filter in the weir.  I have to re-top every three days.  Is there anyone experienced out there who would be willing to rebuild this pond, so that it works again.  I have had a pond business come out, to clean it last month. They found a hole on the weir and fixed it, but it leaks even more now for some odd reason.  I love the fish, and it's such a pretty pond.  I don't want to see it become a big planter.   Please contact me if you can help me, and I will send pics of the pond 

I finally found a wonderful young man from Aiken, South Carolina to rebuild my pond. His name is Chas Tripp.   He tore it down completely, and removed all the fish and put them in a big child's wading pool with a sun shade over them while he re-built the pond from scratch.  He replaced both liners, and reconfigured the pond with new skimmer and waterfall and then replaced all the rocks and stones.  He worked non stop and even stayed in a hotel close by so he didn't have to travel four hours each day to work on my pond. He did it all in 5 days start to finish.  I am loving my new pond. You can see a photo of it at this site.  https://augusta.craigslist.org/grd/d/koi-pond-water-garden/6240478455.html

August 15, 2017 at 9:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.